BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR
The pandemic has placed businesses under unprecedented pressure, with leaders having to navigate new challenges and crises on a daily basis. Now more than ever, the role of the leader has been cast firmly into the spotlight, as companies seek strong leadership skills with robust decision-making and effective communications to help drive the business forward.
Contributions to Hong Kong
- He or she must have held a CE or CEO, Chairman, MD or similar level management position within his/her organization, during which time he or she must have made a positive contribution to the further development of Hong Kong.
- Candidates must also have a strong track record in community service and remain as key drivers of corporate social responsibility in their respective organizations. Focus on the implementation of specific COVID-19 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) / Social Community Service activities with recognised outcome during the pandemic. I.e. donations or support towards COVID-19 prevention efforts etc.
- He or she should have made an outstanding and sustained contribution to a Hong Kong-registered organization.
- For individuals linked to public companies, an improvement must be shown to the returns on shareholders’ funds, and to sales, given prevailing conditions. The standards of corporate disclosure will also be considered.
- For individuals linked to private companies, a contribution to the improvement on returns of capital invested must be shown.
- The contribution to a reduction of company losses by an individual will also be regarded as an achievement.
- Possession of an innovative approach to business affairs.
- Ability to manage business risks and to adapt to changing business environments.
- Contribution to the training and development of managerial skills
- Establishment of a viable organizational structure
- Respected by subordinates, setting an example for the organization, and motivating the employees.
- Establishment and maintenance of harmonious relations within the company.
- Perseverance, tenacity and flair in working towards objectives.
- He or she must have showcased excellent leadership skills and pushed forward initiatives to mitigate the business/ commercial impact of the pandemic.